Maybe you landed your dream job, or have so many clients that you no longer need to use LinkedIn Sales Navigator. Or perhaps the premium addition of the online networking platform is no longer in your budget. Regardless of your reason for cancelling, clearly you have no need to pay for LinkedIn Premium any longer.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about cancelling your premium LinkedIn subscription, and also gain some insight into how to maximize the free version of the platform.
Cancelling LinkedIn Premium: Step-By-Step Instructions
Here’s the most helpful video on the Internet for cancelling LinkedIn Premium subscriptions:
If you’ve decided to cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription, you can do so easily by following these step-by-step instructions:
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Access My Premium” from the dropdown menu.
- On the next screen, you will see your Premium subscription details. Click on “Manage Premium account” to proceed.
- Under “Account type” you will see your current subscription. Click on “Cancel subscription” next to it.
- You will be asked to provide a reason for canceling your subscription. Select the reason that best fits your situation and click “Continue to cancel.”
- You will then be given the option to pause your subscription instead of canceling it. If you’re interested in this option, select it and follow the on-screen instructions. If you’re sure you want to cancel, select “Continue to cancel.”
- You will be asked to confirm your cancellation. Review the details and click “Cancel my subscription” to confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation message once your subscription has been successfully canceled.
It’s important to note that if you cancel your subscription before the end of your current billing cycle, you will continue to have access to Premium features until the end of that cycle. After that, your account will revert to a free LinkedIn account. If you decide you want to re-subscribe to Premium in the future, you can do so at any time by following these same steps.
How to Make the Most of the Free Version of LinkedIn
Just because you are cancelling premium on LinkedIn doesn’t mean you don’t have options for making the most of the free version.
Here are a few quick considerations for generating sales, landing your dream job, and networking on the platform.
1. Optimize Your Profile
You don’t need LinkedIn Premium to have a profile that stands out. Do the following things (or hire a LinkedIn profile optimization expert) to make a profile that stands out:
- Add an About section that highlights your expertise and experiences
- Add specifics to each job role about your day-to-day responsibilities, what you learned, and what you accomplished.
- Get a graphic designer to build you a nice looking LinkedIn banner that stands out.
- Add your education, certifications, course work, etc. to truly showcase your expertise
2. Make Interesting LinkedIn Posts
Making relevant LinkedIn posts about your industry is a wise way to drum up business and showcase your thought leadership. Consider key problems / challenges your ideal customer may be facing, draft up a sharp post, and share alongside a few related LinkedIn hashtags to get on the radar of your ideal audience. Or, consider outsourcing LinkedIn post writing and scheduling to an industry-expert through the LinkedIn Ghostwriter.
3. Constantly Add New Connections (and Write a Cordial Note to Your Invite)
You can network with great connections without paying for Premium Subscription. Use the LinkedIn search bar to your advantage, using specific keywords for your industry to find qualified leads, relevant industry leaders, etc. without using Sales Navigator.
When you find a relevant person you’d like to connect with, write a nice message that explains why you’re connecting and what you hope to accomplish for a better chance of getting your request accepted.
Here are more tips for Mastering Networking on LinkedIn.
Cancel LinkedIn Subscription – In Conclusion
Don’t wait until you’re billed again to cancel your LinkedIn Premium. Use the steps provided above to do it today. And to make the most of your free account, use the LinkedIn Ghostwriter to optimize your profile and craft thought-leadership posts on your behalf.
Don’t wait! Book a free LinkedIn consultation today.